Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Chicken Divan

I have no idea what the 'divan' part means but my Grandma always called it that so I do too. It's delicious! Enjoy!
Ingredients
  • 2 large or 3 medium-small boneless chicken breasts
  • 2 pkgs. frozen broccoli florets (10 oz. each; you can use one; depends on preference)
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar
  • 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • bread crumbs (I set out 2-3 pieces of bread to dry out and then tear them apart)
  • grated parmesan cheese

Directions

  • Place chicken in baking dish with 1 cup of water and some butter.
  • Bake chicken at 350 for 1 hour then allow to cool and cut into smaller pieces
  • Prepare broccoli and set aside to cool lightly
  • In large bowl mix other ingredients until well blended.
  • Put a bit of the mixture on the bottom of a baking dish. Arrange chicken and broccoli in layers. Pour the rest of the sauce over the top.
  • Sprinkle with bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
  • Bake at 350 for 30-45 min. or until bubbly and brown.

This dish can be made the day before, refrigerate and bake just before serving.

*I've also made it by combining the chicken and broccoli in the soup mixture without layering. It tastes the same and saves time!