
Where Do Balloons Go?: An Uplifting Mystery
written by Jamie Lee Curtis
illustrated by Laura Cornell
"Where do balloons go
when you let them go free?
It can happen by accident.
It's happened to me."
The story speculates the life and adventures of a freed balloon and is illustrated with much whimsy. I had no idea the actress Jamie Lee Curtis was writing children's books but apparently she's been teaming up with Laura Cornell for years. I've also read their Big Words for Little People and thought it was well-written and charming. I did find the illustrations a little overwhelming because she packs a lot of images into each page. The fun of that is finding something new each time you read it! Emery enjoyed the pictures and I enjoyed the subtle message of the book.
A few other titles by this duo are:
When I Was Little: A Four-Year-Old's Memoir of Her Youth
Today I Feel Silly and other Moods that Make My Day
Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born
It's Hard to be Five: Learning How to Work My Control Panel
Enjoy!