Friday, February 5, 2010

Me With You

I realize I "review" a lot of children's books but as it turns out, I have a small child and we read lots of books so I have a seemingly-endless supply. I stumbled across this one and have enjoyed it as a bedtime read the past couple weeks. It's beautifully illustrated by Christopher Denise and portrays a relationship between a grandpa and his granddaughter. I have to promote those when I find them because how many books include grandpas? Not as many as grandmas, I'll tell you. Without further ado, let me share a couple of my favorite passages from this book:

We're a pair beyond compare,
a rare and special two,
in all the ways that I am me
and you're completely you....

On days when being me feels like
the sky was painted black,
you and I together roll
along a brighter track...

And though I'll find new ways
of being me my whole life through,
my favorite me will always be
when I am me with you.



Sweet. Charming. Delightfully illustrated. Check it out!
*photo courtesy of http://www.kristydempsey.com/