Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Crockpot Cake

I stole this photo from CJane (along with the recipe). I tried out the recipe as my Valentine's gift for Nolan. I did take a picture of my own but my camera is not so great. Just imagine it looked like this with a scoop of ice cream, sitting in a cute I [heart] You bowl from Target.

Here's the recipe:
1 pkg chocolate cake mix
1 pkg chocolate pudding mix
1 8 oz. container sour cream
4 eggs
1 cup water
3/4 cup veggie oil
1 cup chocolate morsels
Directions:
Spray crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl by hand then transfer to crockpot. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3-4 hours.

Nolan said he liked it a lot--plus we added ice cream. The mixture of cool vanilla ice cream with the warm chocolate cake was perfect! I think I'll add more chocolate or perhaps add some caramel drizzle next time. It tasted good but not the exact amount of richness I was expecting/wanting. It was my first experience with dessert in the crockpot and it all turned out perfectly fine!