Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love Happens

Starring: Jennifer Aniston & Aaron Eckhart

So I feel a little sheepish reviewing this movie. I got it out of the Redbox yesterday on a whim and I thought that if nothing else, I can write a review about how cheesy and disappointing it was. Chick flicks have been letting me down recently.

I was pleasantly surprised by this movie. Yes of course there is a cheese-factor. It is a romance film, let's keep that in mind. It was surprisingly entertaining and after the movie I looked at Nolan and said, "that's what a chick-flick should be like." Plus the soundtrack was great! Love that!

The subject matter was a bit intense for this genre but I think they did a great job not cheapening it or overselling it. The actors were both charming--my only experience with Aaron Eckhart is in The Dark Knight so it was good to see him more in a leading role (I know he's in Thank You for Smoking but I haven't watched that).
All in all, an enjoyable way to spend a couple hours! Have fun!