Thursday, March 4, 2010

Mo Willems Week: Day 4

Knuffle Bunny: A Cautionary Tale
This book makes me happy. Here's why:
1. It's simple but still an entertaining read
2. It accurately depicts a dad's tendency to miss the small details but the mom knows exactly what's wrong
3. It's fun to watch the illustrations say more than the words can
4. I love the mix of illustrations with the black & white photos of New York City
5. Emery loves to read along with it
6. The Scholastic Collection I've mentioned previously has a video of this book, read by the real Mo & daughter Trixie
7. It has a sequel:

Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity
The sequel is excellent too! I love the relationship dynamics of the two little girls because it's realistic (and funny).
Here's the best part: Mo is releasing a third installment in the fall of this year.
It's called Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion. Can't wait!