Monday, March 1, 2010

Mo Willems Week: Day 1

Within the last month or so a college friend suggested that I look up Mo Willems' books to share with Emery. I had seen his Pigeon books on the shelves before but sometimes I'm wary of modern kid's literature. It's not always as good as the classics. I was wrong about Mo. My favorite part about reading these books to Em is that they make me laugh so I don't mind reading them repeatedly. Without further ado, let me share a few reasons why Mr. Willems is my new favorite children's author.
Let me introduce you to Leonardo.

Isn't he ugly in the cute kind of way? Leonardo tries very hard to live up to his 'monster' image but it doesn't work out for him. He is not deterred quickly though, he researches until he thinks he's found the perfect candidate to scare. Enter Sam. He's having a rough day and Leonardo's scare tactics are the icing on the cake. After meeting Sam, Leonardo starts to realize there might be an even better vocation for him after all. You'll have to check this book out to see their story!
Enjoy!