Check out Mo's latest books! They're hot off the presses, actually. I have not had a chance to read this first one; it's waiting at the library for me. We were able to read the "Friends Who Fly" though. It's short and sweet but still endearing.The colors are vivid and the pages are not busy. Emery likes to follow the flight pattern of each animal and make the sound of it's wings flapping.
I loved Mo's inclusion of the pigeon. The pesky pigeon and his cameos! I'm excited to check out the other titles in this series, set to come out later this
year. Another great set of characters from Mo!Now for the adult portion of this week: You Can Never Find a Rickshaw When It Monsoons:The World On One Cartoon a Day
Less than a week after Mo graduated from NYU he set about on a trip across Europe, Egypt, the MiddleEast, Asia, and part of the US (with one stop in Canada). He only took one change of clothes, some money, paper, and his drawing pens. Each evening he drew a cartoon depicting the image that stuck out to him the most during the day. Then a few years ago he read through these images, added modern-day Mo reflections and put them together in a book for us to enjoy. I thoroughly enjoyed traveling around the world through Mo's eyes. It was also interesting to read his reflections after more than a decade had passed. It is smart, perceptive, and very humorous.(Ian & Bekah I think you would really enjoy this book! You can compare travel adventures!)